[mythtv-users] nVidia drivers 185.18.14 now out, ubuntu mythtv packages update ...

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 01:53:24 UTC 2009

> I installed the 185 driver on one of my Ubuntu machines last night, and now
> I'm noticing some strange color issues, for example, white will look
> flourescent orange, and skin tones are kind of blue-green.  I see it if I
> use mplayer (which I believe is the vdpau enabled version), but if I try the
> same file with 'movie player' or something else, I don't get the color
> issue. Has anyone else noticed similar problems?  I'm using a 9600GT video
> card, running JYA's Jaunty branch of myth, AMD 64.

Have you been reading this thread? JYA just posted about how 185 is
unstable and he took it out of his stable repository because he and
many others have had problems with it. It is still in his testing
repository. When I ran 185 I had all kinds of problems not just with
video playback, but I had problems when using OpenGL for the mythtv
menus. I closed out myth and had blocking and stuff even on my
desktop. I rolled back to 180.60 and everything was fine for me.