[mythtv-users] nVidia drivers 185.18.14 now out, ubuntu mythtv packages update ...

Glenn Harris gharris+list+mythtv at eklo.com
Wed Jun 10 18:56:37 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Clay<nt4usb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> btw, do you (or anyone?) know how to disable that hateful 'bulletprof' x that forces a vga display whenever x breaks?
> It makes it impossible to configure x remotely since the stupid 'low graphics mode' message prevents gdm from stopping and/or restarting.
> Of all the irritating 'Windows like' niggles the developers are adding to Ubuntu, this one has to be tops.
> More than once, (and once for real) I've wanted to smash my keyboard over my knee, fighting that 'feature'...
> If I wanted 'idiot proof', I'd use Windows. *g*

I run kubuntu (kdm) which doesn't support failsafe (so I can't test),
but this might be of use:

It was posted on 10/2007 so it might be out of date.

There might be something of use here too:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BulletProofX

> Thanks again for your contributions, JYA!

Indeed!  My frontend runs substantially cooler now and doesn't
complain nearly as much in warm weather! :-)

--Glenn