[mythtv-users] backend still recording live tv after frontend shutdown

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Jun 10 13:14:07 UTC 2009

> IIRC, if the tuner watching LiveTV is needed, Myth by default will
> take it (after popping a message up on-screen.

Generally, yes. But I have had 2 instances over the last 1.5 years
where the frontend was powered off while in LiveTV, and the next day I
go to look at mythweb to see the list of upcoming recordings, and it
lists some 1 hour program from the day before as currently recording.
The last time it happened, the reason I noticed was that 2 of my
programs didn't record. When I looked at mythweb, it showed that there
were 3 of those programs from the previous day listed as "currently
recording". It so happens that I have 3 analog tuners, and the
programs that didn't get recorded were on analog channels. Apparently
it thought all 3 tuners were busy.

--
Ron
Ronald Frazier Photography - http://www.ronfphoto.com/