[mythtv-users] backend still recording live tv after frontend shutdown

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Wed Jun 10 12:15:00 UTC 2009

The myth protocol could add a heartbeat. Once a minute, the frontend (while watching live TV) sends a 'ping' to the backend. If the backend doesn't get 2 pings in a row, it assumes the frontend is gone, and stops live tv. I don't know enough about the protocol, but something like this should be possible.

Gerald