[mythtv-users] backend still recording live tv after frontend shutdown

Thomas Mørch tmorch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 07:59:13 UTC 2009

I have a small tunerless frontend, that streams livetv from my backend. If I
kill the frontend, without exiting live tv, the backend continues to record
the livetv, and filling the harddisk / occupying a tuner.

The WAF score dropped a couple of points last night, when she just switched
off the tv, and I started to complain because she didn't stop the live tv
first.

So Is there a way to prevent this behaviour? and thus increase the WAF?
(She's not that impressed with me fiddling arround with the system, so she
can't figure out how to watch tv..)

/ Thomas