[mythtv-users] 5min jump takes long during time shift

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 06:57:16 UTC 2009

On 02/06/2009, Thomas Börkel <thomas at boerkel.de> wrote:
> HI!
>
>  I have the problem, that a 5min jump forward takes sometimes up to 15s
>  when watching a show while it is being recorded (for example 30 min
>  behind real time).
>
>  20s jumps are no problem.

Coincidentally, I just saw this behaviour when watching an in-progress
recording of game 3 of the NBA Finals. 10s skips were no problem at
all to skip through the dead time between plays, but 10min jumps
caused the frontend to just sit there. We noticed this same behaviour
over the past weekend when watching an in-progress Agatha Christie
drama - albeit with 30s/4min jump settings.

Running mythtv-0.21-fixes-r20609. Passive EIT collection was in
progress (according to the backend logfile) at around the time of the
"hang". I'll see if I can reproduce this again with a long (~2hr+)
recording.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott