[mythtv-users] Minor issues after update to mythbuntu 9.04

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 03:25:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Alan Marchiori<alan at alanmarian.com> wrote:
> 1) after resume from suspend it asks for a password.  There is no
> password on boot and I can't find where to disable this from the GUI.
> 2) screen saver (screen blanks) while playing videos.  Disabling the
> screen blank works, but in 8.10 I didn't have to do this--and I have a
> plasma so I like that it blanks after a reasonable timeout.

Are you using mplayer for videos? If so pay attention to this fairly
new bit in the man page:

-heartbeat-cmd

Command that is executed every 30 seconds during playback via system()
- i.e. using the shell.

NOTE: MPlayer uses this command without any checking, it is your
responsibility to ensure it does not cause security problems (e.g.
make sure to use full paths if "." is in your path like on Windows).
It also only works when playing video (i.e. not with -novideo but
works with -vo null).

This can be "misused" to disable screensavers that do not support the
proper X API (also see -stop-xscreensaver). If you think this is too
complicated, ask the author of the screensaver program to support the
proper X APIs.

EXAMPLE for xscreensaver: mplayer -heartbeat-cmd "xscreensaver-command
-deactivate" file

EXAMPLE for GNOME screensaver: mplayer -heartbeat-cmd
"gnome-screensaver-command -p" file