[mythtv-users] Zotac ION / no video using DVI/HDMI and nvidia driver

Wade Maxfield mythtv at hotblack.co.nz
Tue Jun 9 01:37:27 UTC 2009

On 9/6/09 1:20 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/6/9 Brad Fuller<bradallenfuller at gmail.com>:
>> outputs work. I know that the MX440 (and maybe another board, can't
>> remember) would not boot with S-Vdieo unless the device connected to
>> the S-Video was on. Even though xorg.conf was setup right, if nvidia
>
> How would that work?
> s-video is a one-way only connection, there's no return path
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-video
>
> No way to tell if there's something connected to it or not.

Older Macs could detect something connected via S-Video and gave extra
options in the Monitors or Displays control panel to configure the
output.  Maybe it's detecting a change in resistance on ground?

Newer macs use S-Video to X (DVI, ADC, Displayport, etc) adaptors so I'm
not counting them, since the adaptor may have a way of signalling or
identifying itself.

  - Wade