[mythtv-users] playback scaled to virtual screen size

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 01:19:08 UTC 2009

2009/6/8 Preston Crow <pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net>:
> I've attached the log.  It's pretty long (nearly a thousand lines).
> I've annotated it slightly to indicate roughly where I started watching
> different shows.  I first watch a recorded 1080i program, then a
> recorded 720p program, then live TV, changing channels from 720p to
> 1080i to 480i shows.  I verified from the command line that xrandr
> reports the video mode is 1280x720 for all playback except the 1080i
> show (which is 1920x1080), which is as expected.  The recorded shows are
> all scaled to 1920x1080, while live TV is scaled to the current video
> mode.

Preston - thanks for the log.

Can you confirm everything works as expected if you disable xrandr and
just use either 720p or 1080p/i as the display mode?

and out of interest - when your tv switches display mode, does it
blank out for 2-4 seconds? I think the reason livetv works correctly
(at least in this case) is because there are 2 calls to switch back to
720p. In the case of recordings, there is only one switch. I had a
suspicion a few months back that mode switching was for some reason
taking quite a long time on one tv of mine and hence certain display
parameters were wrong and playback wasn't correct. I think you may be
seeing the same thing.

Anyway, I need to replicate a similar setup and test it out again.

Regards

Mark