[mythtv-users] lowest CPU speed and RAM size

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 23:30:45 UTC 2009

On 05/06/2009, Tom Sparks <tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>  What is lowest CPU speed and RAM size I need for a scheduled recorder, no live TV using DVB-T?
>
>  I am undecided about running a frontend on the same hardware

Quoting myself from 26-01-2006 to provide a data point for you:

"I'm running a slave BE/FE system using a Celeron 1.3GHz w/256MB RAM
(Intel 815 chipset). Video is TV-Out from an ATI Radeon 9000 Pro. This
is with a PVR-150 and 2xDVB cards. No problems at all with playback or
recording (think I've had 3 simultaneous recordings locally and
watched another over the network). This is running MythTV 0.18.1 on
FC4 (2.6.14). The HDD is a newish 200GB drive after my IBM Deathstars
finally clicked off this mortal coil."

Nick

--
Nick Morrott