[mythtv-users] playback scaled to virtual screen size

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Sun Jun 7 21:42:06 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 14:19 +0800, Mark Kendall wrote:
> 2009/6/6 Preston Crow <pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net>:
> > Did I make that clear?  1080i recordings work great.  Everything else
> > only shows the upper left two-thirds or so of the image because X is set
> > to 720p, but the video playback is scaling it to the full virtual 1080i
> > size.
> >
> > Making it even weirder, everything works great for live TV.

> Can you post the full log output (i.e. from when mythfrontend starts)
> from 'mythfrontend -v playback' when you are playing back a 1080i and
> a 720p recording as well as the 2 resolutions for live tv. If you
> could post as 4 separate logs that would be great:) (Just makes
> debugging that much easier)

I've attached the log.  It's pretty long (nearly a thousand lines).
I've annotated it slightly to indicate roughly where I started watching
different shows.  I first watch a recorded 1080i program, then a
recorded 720p program, then live TV, changing channels from 720p to
1080i to 480i shows.  I verified from the command line that xrandr
reports the video mode is 1280x720 for all playback except the 1080i
show (which is 1920x1080), which is as expected.  The recorded shows are
all scaled to 1920x1080, while live TV is scaled to the current video
mode.

Oh, and I think that I don't have vdpau working correctly yet, but I'm
not concerned about that now.  (In theory, it should be doing it for
720p only.)