[mythtv-users] Trying to use upnp, weird issues

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sun Jun 7 13:12:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Mark J. Small<msmall at eastlink.ca> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm trying to use the upnp features of mythtv to serve my music and
> pictures. I'm using the 0.21 packages from the stable tree of
> debian-multimedia.org on a Debian Stable system.

I'm also using the debian-multimedia.org 0.21 packages (unstable tree)
and having upnp problems.  Mine are weirder.

If I run "tcpdump host 239.255.255.250" on the mythtv server, then
everything works and I can see the mythtv upnp server from other hosts
and get access to music and videos and such.  If I kill the tcpdump
session, then the mythtv upnp server disappears from the network.  I
don't know what could cause that.

This used to work fine for me.  I'm not sure what changed.

Eric Sharkey