[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu mythtv-database wants to erase my database.

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Sun Jun 7 00:16:28 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 4:25 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> The official position is you must use the same SVN revision on all systems.
>  If you use different ones and don't see any problems and you're happy,
> that's fine.  If you use different ones and /do/ see problems, it's up to
> you to verify that the differing versions are not causing the issues
> /before/ reporting any bugs to Trac/wasting the developers' limited time
> (i.e. ask on -users list first, test with identical revisions, ...).
>
> Mike

So, not attempting to start another "happy flame festival," but this
completely contradicts what Robert said earlier.  It's this sort of
confusion (and I know why the main devs don't want to get involved, it never
ends "nicely')  that drives us users trying to generally "do the right
thing" batty :)