[mythtv-users] Back-to-back recording from analogue tuners - multirec?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 6 17:42:24 UTC 2009

On 06/06/2009 11:34 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> When recording consecutive shows from a channel that is received by
> means of an analogue tuner, two tuners are actually needed in order to
> resolve the conflict that results from the fact that these recordings
> overlap by a short period of time.
>
> I was wondering whether it would be possible to leverage the multirec
> infrastructure (which currently only works with digital tuners) to
> resolve this. In doing so, analogue tuners would be seen as making
> available a series of single-channel multiplexes whose output could be
> used by multiple virtual tuners simultaneously, whether for livetv or
> recording use.
>
> Does that make sense?

There's a framework in place that can be used as a basis for creating a
capability for overlapping back-to-back analog recordings, but no one
has yet written the code (and, as digital capture becomes more common,
fewer and fewer people are likely to be interested in doing so).

If you're interested in working on it, you should talk with Daniel K.,
Shane, and/or Janne.

Mike