[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu mythtv-database wants to erase my database.

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Fri Jun 5 23:36:42 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 7:52 AM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> Mike,
>
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Mike LaPlante <mike at dividia.net> wrote:
>
>> Should my schema have changed since this wasn't a major release update
>> just a fixes version?
>

> No.  Schema and protocol will never change in official copies of -fixes.
>  It's one of the "guarantees" in staying with the stable branch.  Using
> alternate or unofficial sources of patches or packages may break or alter
> the schema, however, YMMV.  If these are all from mythbuntu repositories,
> you are fine.

Is this actaully true?

Wasn't there a protocol change from 30 to 31 in the .20 fixes branch? There
was also a fairly major schema change to do with mythmusic, which resulted
in the upnp media server serving music files from an old table structure
(and thus never updating)...