[mythtv-users] What do you think is the best de-interlacer to use?

mythtv.t.wuuza at xoxy.net mythtv.t.wuuza at xoxy.net
Fri Jun 5 15:06:32 UTC 2009

> I've tried them all and IMHO, they go in this order:

> 1-VDPAU Temporal Spatial 2X (Advanced 2X in Myth)
> 2-VDPAU Temporal 2X (Temporal 2X in Myth)

Is it possible to quantity the difference between those two?  Like TS/2x
is better if you're actively comparing, but only slightly?  Or it's
obvious no matter what?  I think you said before the difference is more
noticeable on fast-moving scenes.  I really like the ION platform and I'm
disappointed it can't do Advanced 2x, but I don't know how much of a loss
that really is.  (Maybe it's moot anyway if getting the TV to do it can be
done consistently.)

John