[mythtv-users] Using Artigo A1000 as Myth Frontend

Tim Ashman tim at ashmans.net
Fri Jun 5 02:11:43 UTC 2009

Ok, so I'm new to myth but loving it so far.  I've got a separate backend with
to pchdtv5500 cards and the recording is going great.  I've got another PC
running the a mythfrontend and it works great.  It is like a 3g, loads of
memory, etc.

Now my problem,  I purchased an artigo a1000 mini itx kit.  This thing has a
via something or other cpu and 1g of memory.  Now I installed minimyth on a
usb stick and successfully can boot the machine, browse the recorded shows,
etc.

However when I try and either watch TV or a recorded show it is too jerky.  It
isn't a frame dropping kinda jerky, it is like 1 second of perfect video and
audio, then a hard freeze for about 1/2 second, then 1sec good, 1/2 sec
freeze, etc.

What I am wondering is what would cause this problem?  the minimyth loads
entirely in ram, the board is suppose to have hardware support for decoding
and when it works for the 1 second it looks very good.

Any ideas on how to configure this board, or is it just not fast enough.

thanks

tim