[mythtv-users] HDhomerun in Australia

Jason Lewis jasonblewis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 14:19:32 UTC 2009

Phil Wild wrote:
> Hi mythtv-users,
>
> Can anyone please confirm that the Silicon Dust HDHomeRun actually
> works with mythtv in Australia?
>
> Does anyone actually have this device running in their setup without
> issue?
>
> Did you have to do anything special to get it to work?
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil

Hi Phil,

I have an HDHomeRun and its working well for me (in Sydney). While I can
receive HD with it, I never actually watch HD except for testing
purposes as I don;t have a hd capable tv yet. So I can say that it works
flawlessly in SD. ymmv in HD.

One setting I found I had to change in mythtv was I has to tell mythtv
to always use fast tuning (in mythtv-setup). When this was not set, I
could watch live TV fine using the hdhr, but recordings would fail.

No idea why - i just found a post somewhere that told me to change the
setting. After that it worked.

Hope that helps,

Jason