[mythtv-users] Problem with 1080i h264 video - video appears to be twice as long as it should.

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Wed Jun 3 23:26:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yesterday I've noticed a few h264 video I had recorded that mythtv
> 0.21 was unable to play back ; I just get a blank screen and I must
> kill mythfrontend (does the same with 0.21 unpatched). Interestingly,
> it plays fine in the preview window.
>
> Trunk plays it well.

I saw a similar problem with an h264 file I had watched earlier and
had a bookmark after I attempted to rebuild the seek table with
mythcommflag - playing from the bookmark would result in a black
screen and a need to kill the frontend. After rebuilding the seek
table with mythtranscode the problem went away for that video. I have
no idea if it's the same problem you're seeing.
--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,