[mythtv-users] Problems with Virgin 1 (UK Freeview)

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jun 3 14:41:19 UTC 2009

I wrote:
>I decided to re-scan to get the new Virgin1 & Virgin1+1 lineup - but
>I think I've broken something !

I've managed to fix it now - and yes I'd made some mistakes.

Digging around the filesystem a bit I realised the files I'd been
editing originally came from
http://supplement.xmltv.org/tv_grab_uk_rt/ Since the Debian Lenny
package is out of date, I decided to "fusge it" and simply download
the four files from the XMLTV site and replace the ones installed by
the package.

On checking the contents of these files, I found I'd guessed the
wrong xmltvid for Virgin1. Corrected this and I now have things
working right.

--
Simon Hobson