[mythtv-users] Video Editing HELP! (COMPLETE noobie)

barbex barbex at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 12:40:22 UTC 2009

> So I loaded avidemux last night and gave IT a shot.  "Better" is a phrase
> that comes to mind, at least it's easy enough to use.  Getting rid of
> commercials was pretty easy after indexing, and saving instead of a 12 - 15
> hour process was about 30 minutes...
>
> That's about as best as I can say.  The video STILL doesn't work, it now
> looks like it's playing on x2 and there's still no sound.  I've tried AVI
> and mpeg video saving routines, all a no go.

I was going to suggest avidemux as the only program I could find that
made any sense to me. And I have successfully cut videos from mpeg
files that mythtv recorded into new mpeg files. I remember that I had
to pay attention to Transport Stream (TS) versus PS whatever stream
and it failed on some files because of errors in the recording. There
is some information here:
http://avidemux.org/admWiki/index.php?title=Editing_MPEG_capture_(DVB_or_IVTV)
about that problem. So far nuv-files have stumped me but only because
I got scared of ProjectX.

ProjectX seems to be the solution to all and everything when it comes
to video and repairing them. I am by no means an expert in this but I
would try that next.

Good luck!