[mythtv-users] Problem with 1080i h264 video - video appears to be twice as long as it should.

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Tue Jun 2 19:39:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 11:25 AM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Myth does (pretty much) just write the raw data to disk.  However, it
> has to do basic parsing of the stream to figure out where the
> keyframes are, so it can write the seektable to the database.
>
> For H.264 interlaced material, it used to write the information for
> every field instead of every frame, so there are twice as many entries
> as there are supposed to be.  Net result is it thinks it is twice as
> long as it really is, when you go to play it back.
>
> Take a look at:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5836
> and
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6243
>
> 5836 is currently in trunk.  6243 is still pending.

Hmmm... that gets me to thinking... I applied revision 18104 as a test
but I didn't check out any recordings done when that patch was applied
- I thought the problem was at playback time and not at recording
time. I'm reapplying 18104 again and I'll let it record something and
check out the results. If that doesn't work I'll see if I can backport
your h264 fixes.

--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,