[mythtv-users] Apple tv with mythbuntu will not boot

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Mon Jun 1 20:47:27 UTC 2009

Kevin Johnson wrote:

> Now here is where I am stuck.
> When I reboot the atv, nothing happens and the atv logo with the
> question mark appears.

> I have been at this all weekend and my eyes are shot.

Did you install atv-bootloader to the internal PATA drive?  It sounds like
you want it to boot from the internal PATA drive, but it doesn't.  You
either haven't put the correct flags on your partition table or need to
re-follow the directions on your page under the heading "install
atv-bootloader"

http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/wiki/PartitioningLinux

Once the internal PATA drive has the bootloader, it can find the mythbuntu
install on sdb4 and boot it.

Brian