[mythtv-users] Technotrend S2-3200 remote control

Herman Gerritsen lfsmailing at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 20:45:02 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have changed from mythbuntu to the regular mythtv packages from ubuntu.
I am now running:
MythTV Version   : 19961
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1

I do not have any lirc packages installed that come with ubuntu.
This way I can use the native lirc mode from mythtv.
I can use some buttons from my remote but I wish to configure them all.

I have tried to setup some lircrc file, mythtv seems to read the file
but it does not use it..
I see this when I run mythfrontend from the cli, I think it is about
the lircrc file:
mythtv: could not connect to socket
mythtv: No such file or directory
2009-06-01 22:12:29.358 lirc_init failed for mythtv, see preceding messages

Is there some syntax for using native lirc in mythtv?

Herman