[mythtv-users] Fixes and Trunk on same network

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Jun 1 11:43:29 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'd like to give Trunk a tryout, I have a spare box with DVBS2  sat
card and VDPAUesque graphics. Trouble is last time I tried having two
MythTV systems on the same network it got very messy, I built a second
system to demo at a local computer club and ended up trashing my
channel lineup and a lot of recording metadata! MythTV uPnP decided it
knew better than me which backend I should be configuring, took me a
while to realise why I was having problems by which time I was having
to restore from backups and never really got things back where they
were!

I understand it's less trouble if uPnP is turned off but I use uPnP
all the time as my only frontend is a PS3 so apart from temporary
shutdowns I can't run without it. Of course I need uPnP too with the
Trunk system once it's built, one of the things I want to look at is
the current state of uPnP working with the PS3.

My current Fixes system is relied on right now, I don't have any other
source of television so I'm looking for some pointers so I don't trash
my smoothly running current system (again) while I play.

Thanks

Andre