[mythtv-users] MythWeb Listings Empty for DVB-T (DVB-S is ok)

Albert Graham agraham at g-b.net
Fri Jul 31 22:58:22 UTC 2009

On 07/31/2009 08:08 AM, Gareth Glaccum wrote:
> What version of myth are you running? I have exactly the opposite
> problem (my dvb-s worked for 1 week, then stopped getting EIT, dvb-t
> is OK).
> I am on trunk, my dvb-t cards are on the first video source, dvb-s on
> the second video source
> My EPG does not work at all, which makes me think that under
> mythtv-setup, your DVB-S cards do not have 'Use for Active EIT source'
> ticked.
> Gareth
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Albert Graham" <agraham at g-b.net>
> Hi
> A few days ago my listing stopped updating when viewed via MythWeb
> From the MythTV Main Manu -> Manage Recordings -> Schedule Recordings
> -> Program Guide
>
> Pressing M -> Program Guide - while watching TV, I can see the full EPG,
> but MythWeb's "Listings" does not work for DVB-T channels, DVB-S
> channels do work.

Hi Gareth,

The version I'm using is:

$ mythbackend --version

Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 20769M
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40

I did have the use this card for active EIT scan enabled on all cards.

I discovered how to fix this but there is a few nasty trade offs ?, you
must delete the ALL channels for for the DVBS cards and instantly the
EIT works for all the DVB-T cards :(

The second nasty is I've lots of recordings from previous "Video
Sources", so I have to keep those sources around or I lose all the
channel meta data e.g. "1 BBC One" changes to "#12345#" - not nice!

Catch 22, is I'd really like to completely start over with a new
database, but I have tuns of movies and IMDB metadata/cover files etc..,

Also, I have about 10TB of recordings from TV, lots of data I do not
want to lose.

So, I some point I'm going to export all the video related tables in the
database and start a fresh

It would be really nice if there was a "clean" way to do this.

Albert.