[mythtv-users] Configuration Issues MythTV 0.22

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Jul 31 20:21:17 UTC 2009

Chris Jones wrote:

> I am running MythTV v0.22 on a Fedora 11 installation. I was running
> 0.21 on Fedora 10 very well, but as soon as I upgraded to F11, Myth
> would not configure properly, and now, although I have installed
> properly (again), when I do the channel search, Myth reports that it
> Failed to find any channels.
>
> I have spent hours looking on the web for a definitive set of
> installation and configuration howto's, but have not found anything
> that is remotely useful.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolving this issue?

For future reference, there is no 0.22.  0.22 would mean MythTV had been
branched off to some release form, or for testing in preparation for
doing so.  Right now, you are running the unstable development trunk,
and as such, you should expect problems to arise... frequently.

Your original problem probably had to do with QT3/QT4 issues.  Trunk now
uses QT4, instead of QT3, and while you can have both living on your
system, it usually leads to complications.  Your current problem
probably has to do with the old channel scanner being scrapped on the
new one being only partially finished.