[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.21 vs. 0.22

"José Tomás @ Chico" jose.tomas at chico.mine.nu
Fri Jul 31 15:36:19 UTC 2009

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/30/2009 05:21 PM, Mitch Gore wrote:
>>> I have the same question but with a little diference, that is:
>>>
>>> * My interest is focused on reading all regular DVDs, that's the
>>> only thing
>>> that is not ok... :-(
>>>
>>> So, for regular DVD palying, which should I get?  (stable 0.21 or to
>>> use
>>> the last SVN 0.22, or any other svn branch)
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help!
>> Um, DVD playback has been built in Myth since I started using back
>> .20.  I
>> would stick with .21+fixes.
>
> FWIW, it was (is?) broken in the 0.21 release tarball.
I did noticed that most people does records, watch media files, but
mostly not playing DVDs, even CDs.
When most of ppl try their optical drive only 1 in 10 can read 100%, but
then even thos verifies that the media is some how technical old...
I made some posts, I tried to get some answer to understand when and if
it will be possible to get optical medias working fine in the future.
Until now I didn't get one, but I may say that I do not read mythtv's
posts often... sorry...
Now since my attention is here, does any one know what should wait from
.22 about optical medias?

Thanks all!
Tomás