[mythtv-users] stereo+AC3/DTS sound to both analog+digital outputs

Simeon Walker simbloke at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 31 07:37:40 UTC 2009

2009/7/31 Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>

> I think you have another problem and have jumped at this solution.  I
> cannot believe that your HDMI TV won't decode AC3.  I think you should
> try and fix that.

My Samsung TV is just like that. I have onboard SPDIF to a 9500GT then
via HDMI to the TV. If I enable AC3 passthrough then on a station
where AC3 is the default sound track (BBC HD) I get no sound from the
TV.

So at the moment I have passthrough disabled so as not to confuse my
S.O. (and myself!) when the sound goes away on some programs.

Sim