[mythtv-users] Audio cd plays with hickups in MythMusic

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Jul 28 20:55:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Herman Gerritsen<lfsmailing at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I try to use MythMusic  to play my audio cds, but the sound has a 1
> second pause every 15 seconds or so.
> I have been searching but nobody seems to have any problems with
> MythMusic (or I am not searching in the right places...)

I've had some similar issues.  It's not been that extreme, but playing
CDs through mythmusic seems to have occasional pauses for me as the
drive seeks to get data it seems it should have prefetched.  It
doesn't seem to happen with every CD.

I've never put much time into figuring it out since I usually just rip
everything and hardly ever attempt to play from the physical media.

Eric