[mythtv-users] Comcast analog shutdown for SF Southbay

stefan_jones at comcast.net stefan_jones at comcast.net
Tue Jul 28 19:44:19 UTC 2009

Observation from someone in the Portland area:

The analog phaseout took place over a month or more in our area. Some neighborhoods / counties switched before us, some after.

The digital equivalents of channels 32-71 appeared a month or so before the changes started happening.

In my neighborhood, at least, the analog channels for 32-71 disappeared two weeks after the scheduled shutdown. I guess they were giving stragglers a last chance to change over.

After the stations were gone, the transport layout changed drastically. Program numbers for the various channels stayed the same, as did the groupings, but the transports that carried them changed. Time for a quick rescan!

Since then there have been no changes in channel layout. New HD channels were added, but they're all scrambled, alas. (We still get the over-the-air HD channels, about a dozen of them. Also a handful of SD digital channels that are OTA-related, such as a weather channel "broadcast" by the local NBC affiliate, or a movie channel ("This") provided by the ABC station.