[mythtv-users] shepherd grabber and gentoo (user issues).. also shepherd and new channels?

sonofzev at iinet.net.au sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 27 01:48:10 UTC 2009

Hi All

I had a first go at installing shepherd. I did it from my 'normal' user which is
in the "users" group which the mythtv user also is.

It failed to install I don't give write permissions to '/usr/bin' and to the
crontab directories. My mythtv user is not a normal user and does not have a home
directory.

What is the best way around this? Should I just install as root? (I know the
shepherd site advises against this though)

Also, I'm just curious how shepherd will incorporate the new "GO" channel being
released on August 9th? Is there any manual intervention required?

Cheers

Allan