[mythtv-users] Can I limit the disk space recordings use?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jul 26 19:32:39 UTC 2009

On Sunday 26 July 2009 13:24:52 ryan patterson wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Richard
>
> Morton<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > not really. but why would you want to?
> >
> > Myth has a better mechanism for this . . .
> > This means that MythTV will use more while you have fewer files on the
> > system, less when you have more personal files on the system and a buffer
> > big enough for copies of new files onto the system (before the system
> > compensates on its regular file clearout task.
>
> Sorry but what you describe is exactly what I don't want.  Setting
> myth to use a defined amount of space for recordings regardless of
> what else is on the disk would be much better.

Creating a partition of the size you want Myth to be able to use would seem to
be the best solution, it would also allow you to optimize the filesystem on
that partition for the large files Myth typically creates, while allowing the
rest of the array to be set up for a more typical mix of file sizes.

Is there some reason you don't want to do this?

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org