[mythtv-users] question/set top box

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Jul 26 04:07:40 UTC 2009

On 07/25/2009 09:56 PM, Srinivas Gowrisanker wrote:
> This is driving me nuts (getting the remote control) now!! Here is what
> I have done so far
> I pretty much followed this
> (http://solargap.wordpress.com/2007/06/03/mythdora-40-and-hauppauge-pvr-150-with-ir-blaster-support/)
>

> 1. placed happauge PVR-150 firmware in /lib/firmware
> 2. used the script changing channel.pl (when I dont use this the script
> I could just use the Motorola QIP-2500-3 remote set to ch 3, start
> mythtfrontend and use the remote to watch tv controlling the stb, now
> mythttv will not respond to the remote). But when I use the script the I
> loose tuning and can't watch anything, but mythtv frontednd responds to
> the remote!
> so when I do
> sudo /usr/local/bin/change_chan.pl 2
> channel changing 2
> irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE blaster 2
> irsend: unknown command: "2"
> There is something wrong with the script!!
> 3. I used the QIP6200-2 for my lircd.conf from
> (http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/motorola/QIP6200-2) for my stb
> remote. THis has the same number inside the battery compartment as mine!
> also used part of lircd.conf (from the very first link in this email)
> for my greay happauge. THe happauge still does not work!!

I don't entirely follow... But I would do is take the QIP6200-2 config
file and the hauppauge config file
(http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge) and
merge them into one file. Then restart lircd. Then run irw and push some
buttons on the remote, see if irw starts reporting button presses. Next,
try 'irsend LIST Motorola_QIP6200-2 ""', and verify that irsend sees all
the appropriate codes. The try a manual 'irsend SEND_ONCE
Motorola_QIP6200-2 2' and see if that work. Then go from there...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com