[mythtv-users] Motherboard or PCI card with Agere FW323 (rev 61) chipset

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Jul 26 04:02:28 UTC 2009

On 07/25/2009 10:50 PM, Phusion wrote:
> Does anyone know of some motherboard or preferrably PCI/PCI-X firewire
> cards that use the Agere FW323 (rev 61) chipset? I see that the Syba
> SD-LUC-4F uses the Agere FW323 chipset, but am not sure what revision
> it uses. I would like to get a card for a Motorola DCT6200. Let me
> know.

Why do you need a specific revision? All Agere FW323 I've seen work
equally well, its a very solid chipset. Its really only certain
revisions of the JMicron JMB38x, the nForce 2 FireWire controller and a
certain ALi chipset you need to be wary of these days, issues w/just
about everything else has been resolved. There are some quirky TI
chipsets and Via VT630x behave somewhat poorly in ohci 1.0 mode (but
also fixed), but I've never seen an Agere FW323 that didn't Just Work.

/me, who hacks on the linux kernel firewire drivers and has a MASSIVE
stable of firewire controllers, disks, hubs, etc., in the office...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com