[mythtv-users] question/set top box

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Jul 25 21:24:35 UTC 2009

On 07/25/2009 02:43 PM, Srinivas Gowrisanker wrote:
> OK thanks. How do I get the PVR remote to work with STB?
>
> I have connected the cable (IR blaster) to the PVR card and I am using
> the remote that came with it. Do I need to setup lircd.conf file? Lircd
> is running and I did a modprobe /dev/lirc_i2c, dmesg gives me this
>
> lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 248
> lirc_i2c: chip 0x10020 found @ 0x71 (Hauppauge PVR150)
> lirc_dev: lirc_register_driver: sample_rate: 10
>
> so my guess is the driver is loaded properly. when i do irw and press
> the remote I dont get any output. I probably have the wrong lird.conf
> settings?

Sounds like it.

> I am definitely not doing something right!

You also need to use lirc_zilog instead of lirc_i2c. lirc_zilog is more
or less a fork of lirc_i2c (originally called lirc_pvr150, but in the
Fedora kernels as lirc_zilog). Its got support for both send and
receive, but does require a firmware blob for sending (google should
help you find it).

You'll need to have two "remote" definitions in your lircd.conf. One for
the Hauppauge remote, one for your cable box.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com