[mythtv-users] question/set top box

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Jul 25 16:47:13 UTC 2009

Srinivas Gowrisanker wrote:
> All,
>
> THanks for the reply. Just to be clear that I understand this correctly...
>
> 1. Wall to stb to pvr150
> 2. have stb on ch 3
> 3. get IR blaster. connect IR blaster to STB or to PVR150? I have a
> remote that came with PVR150. Should I use that? I also have a USB IR
> blaster that I can use. Now will this usb IR blaster go on stb or the
> computer?
> 4. I deleted everything and restarting. Right now I have set it with
> schedules direct (wall/stb/pvr150 and stb is on ch3) and doing a
> mythfilldatabase.

Please try not to top-post, it make the gremlins angry.

You IR blaster has to be connected to your myth back end. It's blasting, right?
Myth will be using it to send an Infra Red signal to the stb. Your USB blaster
should be fine.

The thing you plug into your PVR150 is likely a *receiver*, not a blaster. It's
designed so that you can use the remote which came with the PVR150 to change
channels on it.

Don't forget that you need to choose the right input (s-video) for your PVR150
when you configure it in mythtv-setup, and to tell it to start on channel 3. You
also need to tell it which script to use to control your stb.

--

Mike Perkins