[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

leifontheroad leifontheroad at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 23 23:16:24 UTC 2009

> ...I'm not convinced that's the case for everyone.  I had this issue
> big time, and as I mention several times in the original thread, it
> started like flicking a switch when I upgraded to xorg-server-1.5.3-r5
> under gentoo (from 1.3.x I believe), and for others it seems to have
> started after upgrading Fedora to a version with that as well.  for
> me, it seems as though either subsequent kernel upgrades or maybe the
> upgrade from Gentoo xorg-server-1.5.3-r5 to xorg-server-1.5.3-r6 has
> fixed the issue, and I've been running perfectly without Josh's patch
> for over a month now.

Interesting. Thanks for all the feedback - the end of the thread from June introduced some confusion, and the recent replies have confirmed for me that a hard and fast solution is not yet known.

I'm running xorg-server 2:1.6.0-0ubuntu14 (1.6.0), so if the problem exists in X, it's in 1.6.0 as well as 1.5.3. My video card is not capable of VDPAU, so that's not a path I can go down.

I'll look into upgrading X to see if that helps, although the thought of upgrading X makes me nervous (not something I enjoy being on bleeding edge of...).

In terms of the patch itself, I'd be interested in trying it out, but frankly I'm not sure how to apply it. Since it's a .c file, I assume that means I would need to compile something? Yeah, I'm out of my element here (I run myth based off of repositories for a reason...).