[mythtv-users] Delaying X server start when using Mythbuntu

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 22:58:31 UTC 2009

Not sure if I have the terminology correct so please bear with me.

My problem is that my Tv screen is nearly always scrambled after a reboot of the PC. Doesn't make any difference if the TV is on before I start the PC.

If I ctrl -alt -backspc and login again the screen is fine every time..

I am a Linux newbie, but I am guessing that something has not finished loading before X is started and I am auto logged on and Mythtv autostarted.

I want to see if by delaying the start of X I can prevent the scrambled screen issue.