[mythtv-users] nvidia 8200 IGP + VDPAU no luck

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Jul 23 13:04:49 UTC 2009

On 07/23/2009 08:53 AM, Zach wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 1:47 AM, Razorblade<Razorblade at kabelbw.de>  wrote:
>> According to the mythtv wiki you'll have to adjust the cpuspeed daemon
>> frequencies:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU#Troubleshooting
>>
>> Doing so did solve my issues with choppy playback.
> Okay, I'll try this.  If it works, is there a way to set this
> permanently?  Can the "cpuspeed daemon" be disabled.  I have no
> services.  Echoing values into /sys from rc.local seems like a hack.

Its a bit of a misnomer saying 'cpuspeed daemon' on any modern system,
as frequency scaling is generally done entirely in the kernel, without
any userspace daemon. There *is* a cpuspeed daemon, but only a select
few systems need this anymore. In-kernel frequency scaling is indeed
controlled by echoing stuff into /sys, or by using cpufrequtils.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com