[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

leifontheroad leifontheroad at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 22 21:08:32 UTC 2009

Is there any definitive conclusion as to how to solve this problem? I'm running Mythbuntu 9.04, 0.21-fixes, and I've still got the issue where, when watching recordings, I'll press a key on the remote but the response will be delayed for a while. It wasn't clear from this long thread whether a patched ffmpeg solves this issue, or whether there's something else going on (Xorg, for example). Do I need Josh's patch? If so, how do I apply that?

Here are my current versions. I'd appreciate any thoughts on how to definitively resolve. Thanks!

$ mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 19961
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_jack using_backend using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live

$ mythfrontend --version
xprop:  unable to open display ''