[mythtv-users] Remote Mythfrontend Problem

Steve Milner mythtv at stephen-milner.me.uk
Wed Jul 22 08:23:13 UTC 2009

On 21/07/09 21:34, Gareth Glaccum wrote:
>> I am worried this is hardware ralated on the frontend machine in some
>> way, but I don't know where to start.
>
> From what you have described, I would be thinking that your buffer to
> disk
> is not good enough.
> i.e. you don't have enough bandwidth between your processors and disk,
> to be able to write a file, read and send it over the network in one go.
> Try to pause your liveTV for 10 seconds and see what it is like then.

I was experimenting with that last night and it seemed to make little
difference.

If it is the problem you describe, wouldn't that problem effect the
backend, since it is the backend that is writing the file to the disk?

I have comcentrated so far on the frontend to try and resolve the
problem (mailny because the backend wasn't having problems)

How can I work out if that is the problem? Would 'top' on the backend
show lots of IO Wait if that was the problem?

Regards,
Steve