[mythtv-users] Dvico Fusion HDTV DVB-T USB or something else?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 04:50:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 14:10:46 +0930, Iain Buchanan <iaindb at netspace.net.au>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just set up MythTV on an old 3GHz P4 laptop.  So far I have no
> tuner for the laptop (PCI card in my desktop).  I'm using the laptop
> initially as a frontend and backend, to sit in my entertainment cabinet,
> as it has a built-in IR receiver.  So far so good.
>
> Now I've been reading about lots of hardware on linuxtv.org, and I want
> something around the $AU 100 mark.  There is a plethora of devices
> listed at http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices so
> it's hard to research them all...  I've been comparing prices online,
> and this one looks pretty reasonable:
>
> Dvico Fusion HDTV DVB-T USB for $99

No opinion on that except that its expensive. Get one of these at $39:
  http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/artec-t14br-usb-digital-tv-receiver/

I can confirm it work OOTB really well.

Or one of these at AU$20:

Might need the latest V4L drivers though - not difficult.

--
Lindsay Mathieson
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home/