[mythtv-users] cannot connect to database

staticsupply staticsupply at cox.net
Tue Jul 21 16:47:58 UTC 2009

I tried to do that but when I try is says: " ERROR 1045 (28000): access
denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
How would I get around this permision issue?

On 07/20/2009 09:16 AM, staticsupply wrote:
> Wonderful that took care of the permission issues.  I was able to put
change
> my.cnf file to #bind-address 12.0.0.1,  however, when I load the frontend
on
> my backend machine I still get sent to the language screen and then the
> database set up screen followed by cannot login to database?
>
> What else could be causing this issue?

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html#ss6.2 (the "Modifying
access to the MySQL database for multiple systems" part).

Mike