[mythtv-users] Flash streaming through a non-standard HTTP port?

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Tue Jul 21 11:40:22 UTC 2009

Using apache to serve on a non standard port causes issues. I used to do
this as something else was on port 80 from a different machine.
In order to get nonstandard ports to work with mythweb AND the flash player
you have to modify the web code.

In your mythweb folder file includes/utils.php change this line
                 ? 'http://' . http_host
.':'._or($_SESSION['stream']['force_http_port'], '80')

What I usually did was remove the 80
                 ? 'http://' . http_host
.':'._or($_SESSION['stream']['force_http_port'], '')

What would happen is if I setup apache to use port 82 the line above would
still attempt to force over port 80 so nothing ever got streamed.
Changing this allowed apache to control which port was used. There was
supposed to be a way to change this using the mythweb settings > streaming
page but it never worked for me. What that would do is try to force
streaming over site.com:82:82 or something like that.

What William mentioned however might work, If you don't have something else
already on port 80 on that machine. Change apache back to using port 80, and
set your firewall/router to rout the outside port to the inside port. So,
for outside connections you connect to port 82 and internally that gets sent
to 80, your ISP won't know.

Marc