[mythtv-users] Remote Mythfrontend Problem

Steve Milner mythtv at stephen-milner.me.uk
Mon Jul 20 14:02:59 UTC 2009

On 18/07/09 09:14, Richard Morton wrote:
> Hi
>
> You are running at least a 100mbps network?

I have a 85Mbp/s network over the mains thing, but even eliminating that
and cabling directly to the nearest switch still causes problems.

> Try buying a cross-over cable and directly connecting your backend to
> the fdront end to see if you still get problems; my guess is that this
> is cpu, memory or most likely networking problems.

I'll have to try this next, but I'm going to need a long cable.

> If the cross over cable works try replacing the cables, but again most
> likely your using a low quality or defective network hub/switch; try
> upgrading to a well known brand of networking switch.

At the moment my network topography looks like this:

BE -100Mb/s- Switch -100Mb/s- ADSL Router with Switch -100Mbs- FE
               /   \
           Server   Wireless Hub

Once I've done the test with the crossover cable I'll post back here.

Regards

Steve