[mythtv-users] HDHR unavailable

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Jul 20 14:01:27 UTC 2009

Jim Morton wrote:
> Yan Seiner wrote:
>> I've been happily using my HDHR for quite a while now.  I just now
>> got around to updating my config for the digital changeover (it's
>> been a busy summer). I deleted all my tuners, added them back, and
>> now both tuners in my HDHR show as 'unavailable'.  mythtv-setup sees
>> them just fine; it channelscans just fine.  But the backend says
>> they're both 'unavailable'.  ISTR that there used to be something in
>> the log files when the backend scanned for the HDHR; now the log
>> files don't make any mention of the HDHR at all.
>>
>> Any ideas?  What do I need to turn on for debugging to get an idea
>> why the backend is ignoring the tuners?
>>

> I had a similar issue that turned out to be that the backend was
> launching before the network was available so it was not able to find
> the HDHR. I added "sleep 10" to a etc/rc2.d script near the end before
> the backend starts.

No joy on that one....  The backend is also the DHCP and DNS server for
my network.  It's up on all its interaces.

Although.... Is it possible that the backend is scanning the wrong
interface?  I have 3 NICs in this machine.  Any way to tell what NIC the
backend is using to scan for HDHR?

--Yan

--

   o__