[mythtv-users] How to record everything all the time ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 20 00:45:12 UTC 2009

On 07/19/2009 07:28 PM, Albert Graham wrote:
> I'm still having problems getting MythTV to record everything ?, it
> can record "groups" of stuff, but even when I try to fool it my saying
> " program.title <> 'nova' " it does not work ?, it almost seems that
> there is some logic that is preventing really wild searches ?

Use a straightforward rule--such as the examples for "Only on a specific
station" or "Match related callsigns" or "Only channels from a specific
video source" or "Limit by category" or "Category type".

> Also, does anyone know how to remove rules ? there does not seem to be
> a delete rule option ?, I know you can make the inactive, but the
> still appear in the edit rule list - i.e. they always "appear or look"
> to be active, in other words its not obvious which rules are active if
> you have a lot ?

Go into Manage Recordings|Recording Priorities, then find the rule you
want, select it, and set it to Do not record or whatever.

Mike