[mythtv-users] How to record Shows that are split by the broadcaster

Andrew Herron totallymaxed at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 19:01:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

Here in the UK we often get Movies that are split into two with a short 10
minute News show broadcast between the two halves. This happens regularly on
Channel 5 here in the UK and I know that this channel broadcasts some
extended EIT data that allows UK PVR's to intelligently 'know' that the two
halves of the movie are actually one movie ie I select the forst half for a
schduled recording and the PVR automatically makes a recording of the part
of the movie that is broadcats after the News show.

When I attempt this in MythTV 0.21 the 2nd part of the movie is not
automatically scheduled for recording. Yes I can make a 2nd recording for
the movies 2nd half... but it would be much nicer and have far higher WAF if
MythTV handled this situation automatically.

Is there a setting somewhere to enable the handling of this type of
scenario?

All the best

Andrew