[mythtv-users] HD-PVR upgrade 1.5.6 no AC-3 sound sometimes

Kevin Wambsganz wambs at verizon.net
Thu Jul 16 08:55:00 UTC 2009

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Wambsganz
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 6:15 PM
To: 'Discussion about mythtv'
Subject: [mythtv-users] HD-PVR upgrade 1.5.6 no AC-3 sound sometimes

Hi All,

Got an interesting problem with the HD-PVR.

When I upgraded the firmware in the HD-PVR to 1.5.6, I started losing audio
when I changed channels on both recordings and live TV.

It usually happens on specific channels, like 229. I'm using DirecTV. I'm
using the HD-PVR drivers from about 1 week ago from v4l.

So, I tried viewing the mpg file from windows with the same problem, no
audio. So, its not MythTV itself. I also used a 3 second sleep time in my
channel change script.

Next,  I did a cat /dev/video2 > test.mpg without changing the channel,
still no audio.

Next, I turned off the directTV box and turned back on and I got Audio OK
using cat.

So, its something to do with the DirecTV settings, box, or the HD-PVR driver
for linux. This is happening on all 3 of my HD-PVR boxes.

I guess, maybe the next thing I'll try is run the HD-PVR on windows and see
if I have the problems with the audio.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin

Please include all output in bug reports.

MythTV Version   : 20780

MythTV Branch    : trunk

Library API      : 0.22.20090424-2

Network Protocol : 45

QT Version       : 4.4.3

Options compiled in:

 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_directfb using_dvb
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l
using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

HI Again,

A quick update. I turned off AC5.1 on the DirecTV STB and the sound returns.
So, there must be something wrong between the STB and HD-PVR. I'm still
using the same optical cable. So, that's not the problem.

Kevin